- Q: What is your return policy?
- A: Ben Bridge has a 90-day, money-back return/exchange policy. If your Ben Bridge purchase does not meet your expectations and is in "new" condition when returned (up to 90 days after purchase), you'll receive a full refund. For more details please visit our Returns & Exchanges Page, or contact our customer service department
- Q: Which watch brands do you carry?
- A: Ben Bridge Jeweler is known for its extensive selection of fine timepieces. Some of the prestigious names
we carry are: TAG Heuer, Tissot, Raymond Weil, Baume & Mercier.
Our selection includes many other highly recognizable Swiss brands. Some brands are available only at certain Ben Bridge stores for more information please contact our customer service department for more details or to inquire about other timepiece lines we carry.
- Q: Do you offer limited warranties on your watches?
- A: We provide a three-year limited movement warranty on all our watches, which includes the manufacturer's two-year warranty supplemented by an additional year through Ben Bridge, at no extra charge.
- Q: What is your trade-in policy?
- A: We accept any Ben Bridge diamond (or diamond jewelry item) as a trade-in toward a new diamond purchase of at least twice its purchase price. That means you receive full credit for what you paid for your original purchase applied in trade toward a new diamond or piece of diamond jewelry of double its value or more. For example, you can "grow" your diamond solitaire by trading up; you could replace a 1/2 carat center diamond with a one-carat diamond. Or you may want a new piece of diamond jewelry, so you could trade in a diamond pendant toward a diamond bracelet – as long as the new item is at least twice the price of the original. We accept one item in trade per purchase.
- Q: Do you have a Lifetime Limited Warranty on your jewelry?
- A: Diamond purchases from Ben Bridge Jeweler carry a Lifetime Limited Warranty that protects your diamond against accidental chipping or loss from its original setting. We request that you have your diamonds inspected every six months by Ben Bridge to keep your limited warranty current. (A Ben Bridge Sales associate will annotate your "Warranty Card" with the date of inspection.) Any needed repairs to your mounting due to normal wear or accidental damage can be made at that time for a nominal charge. The Lifetime Limited Warranty does not cover loss of diamonds or damage other than what occurs during normal wear and is valid for the original purchaser or recipient only. Please visit any of your local Ben Bridge store for complimentary jewelry cleaning and inspection.
- Q: Does Ben Bridge provide financing?
- A: Yes, we offer financing on approval of credit. If you plan to make a purchase at your local Ben Bridge store, please stop in and apply for an account by filling out the necessary paperwork. You'll need a current state-issued photo ID such as a driver's license. A recent pay stub for proof of income/employment is very helpful. It should take less than an hour to process your in-store application. In some cases -- depending on your purchase and the amount you want to finance -- your account can be approved in minutes. Having your account approved in advance will help your purchase go more smoothly, so come by any time to apply.
- Q: Can I apply for a Ben Bridge charge account online?
- A: We are happy to help you apply for financing at a nearby Ben Bridge store. We do not provide an online or phone option for credit account applications at this time.As a long-distance option if you are not near a Ben Bridge store and want to apply for a credit account to make an online purchase (o.a.c.), we can email you the forms you'll need (credit application and Notary form). You can scan or mail back the completed application, along with a copy of your ID and your signature witnessed by a Notary Public. This policy is designed to protect our customers against identity theft. For more information, please call us at 888.448.1912 or email us at email@example.com.
- Q: Can I make a payment to my Ben Bridge account online?
- A: Yes, you can pay online through the 'PAY MY BILL' link listed on the site header, or by clicking 'https://portal.interprose.com/va/login.do?customerID=BENB'. You can also make payments over the phone by calling the Ben Bridge Credit Department at 888.917.9171.
- Q: Will you repair my jewelry even if it wasn't purchased from Ben Bridge?
- A: We‘ll repair your fine jewelry regardless of its source, with a few exceptions. Simply bring the item to your local Ben Bridge store, where one of our knowledgeable Associates will assess the problem and explain what's involved in the repair.
- Q: When I leave my jewelry at Ben Bridge for repair, how will I know I'm getting back the same diamond or gemstone?
- A: Since 1912, we've been earning the trust of our customers through outstanding service and exacting attention to detail, including a stringent protocol for accepting jewelry for repair. During our "take-in" procedure, a Ben Bridge Associate examines your diamond or gemstone under a microscope and you'll be invited to look also, so you can see what's unique about your jewelry. The Associate notes any special characteristics, writes a detailed description on the repair envelope and gives a copy to you. Repairs are performed at our Shop and when your piece returns, we'll re-examine it under the microscope with you and review the notations and characteristics of your diamond or gemstone. Recognizing what's unique about your jewelry, you'll be assured that this is the same piece you left in our care.
- Q: What is the best way to clean and care for my fine jewelry?
- A: Please visit our Care & Cleaning page, for more advice contact our contact our customer service department.
- Q: Should I insure my fine jewelry? If so, how?
- A: Ben Bridge provides a Lifetime Limited Warranty on all your diamond purchases to protect against damage occurring from ordinary wear (details above). But we also strongly recommend having your jewelry insured against theft, unusual damage, complete loss or other issues not covered under your Ben Bridge limited warranty. Your jewelry can be added to your homeowner's or renter's insurance policy, or you can go through a specialty insurer such as Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company (www.jewelersmutual.com). Ask them about including a "mysterious disappearance" clause, also.
- Q: Is Italian gold better than other gold?
- A: The word ITALY stamped on a piece of gold jewelry specifies that the jewelry was actually crafted in Italy, not that the gold itself was mined in Italy. In gold jewelry fabrication, Italian workmanship is legendary as it meets very high standards of quality and design.
- Q: What is the difference between white gold and platinum? Which is better?
- A: Platinum and white gold are two different metals and wear very differently. The choice between them is simply a personal preference. Platinum, a rare and pure metal, is softer than white gold; when scratched, the metal is displaced, not lost. A scratch on white gold causes minute bits of gold to be lost. A platinum ring is denser but shows wear more quickly than a ring in white gold. However, as a pure metal, it retains its elegant white appearance. To learn more, please visit our precious metals page
- Q: Can I have jewelry custom-designed at Ben Bridge? How long will it take?
- A: Yes, definitely. Any of our knowledgeable Associates will assist you in the creation of custom jewelry. Bring your ideas and desires to your local Ben Bridge store and talk to an Associate. You‘ll receive an estimate from our goldsmith, as well as a sense of how soon your piece can be finished. The time frame depends on details of the piece that you want made.
- Q: I've seen "Signature" diamonds at other stores. How are yours different?
- A: Our beautiful Signature Diamonds are distinguished by a unique cut that's exclusive to Ben Bridge. Only the most exquisite diamonds, ½ carat or larger, and perfectly proportioned, qualify to be a Ben Bridge Signature Cut. Our round Signature Cut diamond boasts eight extra facets in the pavilion area (bottom half), producing the effect of eight extra mirrors to disperse light and reflect its brilliance. The Ben Bridge Princess Cut Signature diamond has 101 facets for maximum sparkle! Every Ben Bridge Signature Diamond is inscribed with a certification number from the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). No other jeweler's "Signature" diamond can compare to the stunning Ben Bridge Signature Diamond.
- Q: Can you give me some background on "Conflict Diamonds" and your policy regarding them?
- A: Diamonds are meant to be a gift of love. We abhor the way in which some gemstones were used to fund armed conflict in the past. To stop this practice, the jewelry industry worked with governments and human rights groups to create the Kimberley Process in 2002. Today, 99% of the rough diamond supply is Kimberley-regulated to prevent the sale of conflict diamonds. Ben Bridge requires all of our suppliers to provide us with an official written warranty that their diamonds come from Kimberley-certified, legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with United Nations (UN) Resolutions.
- Q: Are your diamonds or gemstones treated?
- A: Ben Bridge Jeweler does not sell white diamonds that have been coated, filled, high-temperature/high-pressure treated (HTHP), fracture-filled ("clarity enhanced") or lasered. We do carry some blue or green diamonds that have been color-improved or treated with heat to intensify the hue. At Ben Bridge these stones are clearly identified as "TREATED" and that information also appears on your sales slip. Some colored gemstones, including amethysts and citrine, are typically heated and/or irradiated to intensify their natural beauty. A reputable jeweler such as Ben Bridge will always provide full disclosure of any treatment or enhancement of gemstones or diamonds beyond cutting and polishing. To learn more visit:Gemstone Enhancements.
- Q: Why are some diamonds certified and others not and what is the difference between the AGS certificate and one from GIA?
- A: A Certified Diamond has been graded in a laboratory by the American Gem Society (AGS) or Gemological
Institute of America (GIA). They assess it for cut, clarity, color, carat weight and other characteristics
including symmetry and polish. Each diamond is assigned and inscribed with a number to verify its grading
status and certify its specifications, as well as other details. The certifying process adds the cost of
documentation to the price of a diamond. The choice to certify or not is a personal preference -- any
diamond can be certified as a ‘premium'.
Ben Bridge carries a wide variety of diamonds to please all our customers, including AGS- and GIA-certified diamonds, among many other choices. All of our diamonds, from our Canadian Ikuma Diamonds to our Signature Diamonds, have undergone a very stringent grading process in order to meet our own extremely high standards.
- Q: What is the American Gem Society (AGS) and why is it important to buy from an American Gem Society Jeweler?
- A: The American Gem Society (AGS) is the leading organization in the jewelry industry dedicated to consumer protection and education about diamonds and gemstones. While any jeweler can become a member of the AGS, very few are able to meet its strict guidelines. As an American Gem Society Member Jeweler, Ben Bridge upholds the highest ethical and business standards. Our Associates are tested annually on their gemological knowledge and understanding of new developments in the industry. We employ more American Gem Society (AGS) Certified Gemologists and Registered Jewelers than any other jewelry company in the world -- all to help guide you in your important jewelry selections. For more information, please visit The American Gem Society.
- Q: Will I pay more to shop at Ben Bridge?
- A: For four generations, our family-run business has demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to quality, service and value. We continually strive to provide a superior selection of fine jewelry with honest, fair pricing and exceptional customer service. We want you to be completely happy with your jewelry purchase, including the price. Our goal is to give you your money's worth and more, while never compromising on quality – so we can be your Personal Jeweler and your family's for now and the future.
- Q: How long will it take to process my order?
- A: Orders are typically processed for shipment within three to five business days, Monday thru Friday. In the event of a delayed order, a Ben Bridge Customer Service representative will be in contact with you regarding availability and shipment information.
- Q: How do modifications, such as ring sizing and engraving, affect the delivery of my order?
- A: Orders that require modifications will add up to two additional business days to processing time. For product specific information, such as sizing and engraving, refer to the item’s product description.
- Q: How will my order be shipped?
A: We ship all orders via the US Postal Service and UPS. Orders that are over $500, are insured and shipped with
a signature being required upon delivery. To arrange to have your order shipped to an alternate address, please
contact our Customer Service Department – firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-448-1912.
In the event you wish to receive your order sooner, we offer expedited shipping for an additional charge
as referenced in the below table. Please note that expedited shipping does not change the processing time for orders.
SHIPPING METHODS SHIPPING SERVICE DESCRIPTION USPS Priority Mail Free (3 to 6 business days, not including order processing) UPS 3 Day Select $10 (3 business days, not including order processing) UPS 2nd Day Air $15 (3 to 6 business days, not including order processing) UPS Next Day Air $20 (Next business day, not including order processing)
- Q: Where do you ship?
- A: We ship to U.S. addresses (including U.S. Territories, Embassies, and Military APO and FPO addresses). Ben Bridge Jewelry cannot ship internationally at this time.
- Q: How may I obtain my tracking number?
- A: A tracking number will be sent to the email address listed on your order when your order ships.
- Q: How can I pay for my order?
- A: For online orders, we accept credit and debit cards issued by U.S. banks, PayPal, and Amazon Pay. For credit and debit cards, the billing address needs to match the billing address listed on your order.
- Q: Do I have to pay sales tax on my purchase?
- A: Ben Bridge will collect sales tax in states where we have a legal obligation to do so based on federal and state laws and regulations. If you have any questions about paying sales tax, please check with your local or state sales tax authority or your personal tax professional.
- Q: What’s the latest that I can place an order to arrive by Christmas?
A: This depends on both the product and shipping schedules provided by our carriers USPS and UPS. Please refer to the following table.
Type Of Order Order By Ship Method No modifications with free shipping No later than December 15 USPS No modifications with last minute shipping No later than December 18 UPS 2nd Day Air Ring with sizing No later than December 12 UPS 2nd Day Air Engraved item No later than December 10 UPS 2nd Day Air